Today has been one of those days you dream about...
I got a full nights sleep because my wonderful husband slept with Jackson to keep him down through the night,
Everyone had a tasty breakfast at the kitchen table (at the same time),
The Sunday paper was actually interesting to read,
We worked together to do some household chores (the boys helped sweep and vacuum),
So far, naps are actually happening and going well (at the same time),
And, no major meltdowns or tantrums from either boy!
Seriously though, it is all kind of amazing. Maybe it is because of the unusually sound sleep I got but I feel really thankful today. Being a parent is not the most glamorous job most days. But, I think it is easy to forget what a gift it is. I mean, I have friends who have a hard time getting pregnant, staying pregnant, being pregnant or all three. It is easy to forget that even if my day seems to be going slower than the year, my boys really are a miracle.
I love being a mom, and if you tried to take away my sleepless nights, doctors visits, spit up stained shirts, minivan, diapers, toys that I constantly trip on, cheerio embedded carpet or Phil & Ted stroller...I would be really mad.
Plus, I really love my stroller.
In short, I want to thank my uterus for making my title as mom possible.
{love you boys!}
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment