Note to self: Take a deep breath and relax. This year is going to be better and easier, and way more fun than the last.
I have found myself literally sick to my stomach the last couple weeks with no good explanation why. Until today. I realized that the upcoming school year was making me physically ill. Just the thought of summer being over and Jonn going back to the way things were last year is enough to bring up my breakfast. I think we both definitely underestimated the amount of patience it would take to have both of us in grad school, two boys under two, one with appointments up the kazoo, Jonn working full time plus, logging hours for his internship, plus coaching two sports.
Hence, the reminder. There are so many reasons why this year is going to be better. Like...
Jonn is graduated (Thank the kind, good lord!)
Jackson is getting used to his hours at "school"
I finally, sort-of, have the hang of wrangling two kids
Only one sport this year (although we will miss the football crew!)
Moving to a house with more to entertain the boys
and a lot more that I can't think of right this minute.
See...that seems better already. Hopefully I can cut back on my Tums intake.
I know that this rant seems a little crazy considering I am a stay-home mom. But seriously. I feel like I could use a nanny/housekeeper. Probably no different from any other mom I guess. There is never enough time, energy, creativity, money, patience in the day!
I'll shut up now.
p.s. a quick shout out to my friend Julie who I know will read this because she is on dreaded bed rest with two small girls of her own to look after. I realize I sound like a big baby right now...sorry! The Covell circus is nothing compared to what you are doing right now. You are my hero!
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment